Sunday 2 October 2011

My Dance Experience

I was four when I started my first ever dance class. I used to love prancing around the room and so my mum took me to the 'Curzon' dance class. I loved it. I went every Saturday morning nine to twelve. Ballet, tap and modern. I enjoy all three styles of dance. We had exams after every term and I passed all of them. I had all the costumes. The tutu's, the leotards, the cat suits, tap shoes, ballet shoes, block shoes and the glittery hats for when we performed to a large audience. When I was eight I started at the 'Barking Broadway theatre'. We performed to large audiences on stage there too. We done shows that were musicals so dance was still included just more of a cheesy theme. I really enjoyed fooling around and exaggerating, it was really entertaining. When I was eleven I gave up 'Curzon' and after about a year I went on to joining a street performing arts class at the age of twelve. 'Big Deal' (the company in Barking) catered for drama and dance. I stayed there until I was fourteen. In secondary school I auditioned for all the school shows. Some of the shows I did were Bugsy Malone, Grease, Chicago and Hairspray. Finally I done GCSE dance and so I've done contemporary dance too. I passed dance with a C. My strengths include emotional dance where I can interpret a story line; such as contemporary. I am a visual learner and so I like to watch someone perform and then I can take on board what I've seen and make it my own. Areas for development include being more confident to contributing ideas and trying new skills and develop dance techniques, so I have a wider understanding and I know about other professional dancers and what inspired them to becoming where they are today.
In the future I would love to be a drama teacher or a performing arts teacher. I have little cousins I babysit all the time and I also done work experience in a primary school and I love working with children so it would be my dream to teach drama and dance something I truly love and work with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment