Sunday 2 October 2011

Graham dance technique 24/09/11 number 2


This technique was standing contractions, twiddles, core training and jumps. At 23 seconds we were doing straight backs and I can see the video I need to bring my head up to a diagonal almost. Two flat feel in parallel and knees have to be over my feel. So I need to make my second position wider so I can bend down more. I need to show the breath leaving my body. At 2 minutes I need to keep my head up, I look like I'm nose diving. At 2 minutes 17 seconds I need to widen my legs and make sure I arch and contract just the bottom of my back. 2 minutes 40 seconds we started twiddles. I found the timing of the twiddles fairly capable. I could keep up and I enjoyed the rhythm. 4 minutes 10 seconds I need to engage the muscles in my arms more and even though I had an injured foot it doesn't effect my upper body. On a good note at 4 minutes 25 seconds I have pointed toes. At 3 minutes 34 seconds I need to work on my leg strength and core balancing. Some tips that my peers in my class told me were to find a spot and stare at it to hold my balance, align my hips and bury my feet into the floor. When I have succeed to do this I will then work on balancing after a turn or a leap or a jump. Because of my injury I couldn't perform this exercise on my left foot. At 5 minutes we started sit-ups. Everything should be sucked and I should be able to feel the strain from the core in my stomach. During the exercise I did feel the straining. I had good alignment at 7 minutes 20 seconds. When tiredness increases my bum sticks in the air and I've arched my back to much. I learnt that training stamina and the quick fast twitch muscles still work even when your tired so I never have an excuse to give up. For example during a performance or a show the end of the show it needs to be more fiery and most aggressive. This will make the performance and the dancer stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment